Pine Crest School's exceptional Lower School program provides an experience rich in opportunities for social, emotional, physical, and academic growth for our students. Our teachers are trained to engage students with brain-based learning strategies that foster their academic, social, emotional, and physical development.
In grades one, two, and three, each state-of-the-art classroom is nurtured by two full-time teachers who engender a love of learning and thinking in all students. Each fourth and fifth grade classroom is led by one full-time teacher with three full-time teachers rotating throughout the classrooms to support homeroom teachers and students.
The Pine Crest Lower School curriculum incorporates skills such as critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, technology, and communication. Our Lower School students are exposed to information and activities that stimulate curiosity and excite the imagination, while encouraging them to become independent thinkers, intrepid problem solvers, and leaders prepared to meet global challenges of today and the future.
The curriculum provides each child with strong foundational skills in literacy, mathematics, computer science, science, social studies, world languages, leadership, technology, and the arts. Our academic programs are thoughtfully designed and implemented based on the developmental needs of our students and supported by research-based teaching strategies. For this reason, we are able to offer exceptional programs that support our school mission.
Pine Crest's Lower School environment includes:
- A safe and secure campus with 24-hour security
- Access to Learning Network services, which provide academic support
- State-of-the-art, developmentally appropriate playgrounds
- Full-time school nurses and a health office
- Healthy snack and lunch choices in the Lower School dining hall
- Innovation specialists who work with teachers to integrate the Mintz Family iLab (Boca Raton campus) and Zimmerman Family iLab (Fort Lauderdale campus) into the core subjects
Our academic program is enriched by experiences in technology, library, character development, movement, world language, art, music, and dramatic play. We offer a wide variety of after-school lessons and clubs including:
- Extended Day
- Private Music Lessons